Have I ever mentioned that I like pineapple? I know I've mentioned pineapple upside down cake, but I love just plain old pineapple. I was reminded of this today because Lauren happened to have some, and I found myself eating a good portion of it.
And since I'm frantically trying to finish knitting a hat and I don't have time to come up with anything else, I present to you some tidbits about pineapple:
- It's totally a carb (sad), but check out all that vitamin C (282% per serving!)
- It has anti-inflamatory benefits
- My step-mom made me eat pineapple with every meal for two weeks before I got my wisdom teeth removed. Someone had told her it would help the recovery process. I only missed one day of work and wasn't on the prescribed pain killers very long, so I suppose it worked. There's not a ton of info about it on the web, but this page does mention it.
- It's very low in sodium, a good source of Thiamin and Vitamin B6, and a very good source of Vitamin C and Manganese. (I totally stole that one from nutritiondata.com)
- It's totally delicious grilled. I'm thinking about buying a grill pan just so I can grill pineapple all year round.
Yay for pineapple!
And now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go finish knitting a hat for a very cute one year old.