You all know that I have a thing for shoes. You probably didn't know, however, that I also have a thing for coats and jackets. Actually, I didn't really realize this either until I noticed the other day that my growing collection of coats is taking up almost as much closet space as the shoes.
Here's the run down:
- Long black "rain" coat found on clearance at the gap (possibly 8 years ago...eep!)
- Black waterproof REI jacket (purchased for hiking in rainy weather) - has a removable hood!
- Turquoise corduroy pea coat from the Gap (from 3 years ago)
- Black pea coat made out of sweatshirt material from the Gap (last year, maybe?)
- Blue and grey REI insulated jacket that I bought to go camping when it's very cold (which we did once before I bought the jacket, and hasn't happened since - probably a good thing it was on sale)
- Black faux velvet "swing" jacket from Old Navy (last year)
- Classic jean jacket from Old Navy - a wardrobe staple, no?
- Ben Sherman long brown asymmetrical buttons coat - possibly one of my favorites, but not the warmest
- Black J. Crew pea coat which I wrote about here
- Grey cropped wool-blend pea coat - purchased last night with the aid of a 30% off coupon. Because I NEEDED another coat. Obviously.
- A black cotton pea coat bought at target last year
- Black cotton zip up jacket from Old Navy (many years old with rather small sleeves)
Those last two are actually in a bag to go to the Goodwill, so I suppose I could subtract them from the total, but I didn't list two freebie jackets from work (those soft shell style sporty jackets, but they have a bunch of logos on them so I almost never wear them). So, that brings the total back to 12. What individual needs a dozen different pieces of outerwear? Apparently I DO. And how many do I wear on a regular basis? Probably 3 (depending on the weather). I think there are some people out there with less pairs of shoes (though I don't know how they possibly get by).
Clearly, I've got another addiction, but at least it's not quite as bad as the shoes.