My vacation so far (in incomplete sentences):
- Pike Place Market! I hadn't been in years, and it was still fabulous
- eating at Matt's with a view of the water and the action of Pike Place
- Trophy Cupcakes!
- spending time with my awesome friend/chauffeur/tour guide
- meeting my almost 8 month old niece for the first time...she's totally awesome. If you met her, you'd think so too (I have lots of photos).
- the spending of the time with the family
- riding on a boat! while still in the car! Also known as a ferry. (also, my first ever ferry ride)
- driving around an island
- I'll tell you about the slug in my step-brother's salad later
- fresh Dungeness crab for dinner from a local place down by the water
- the Symphony! which was fantastic, and why have I not gone before now? (Maybe it was all the old people? But they were cool. One of them thought I was in my early twenties!)
- girls day out with my mum, step-sister in law and niece
- glass of wine + sunset on the deck every night
My only gripe so far (and it's rather small) is that it's been way warmer here than I expected (but despite my best efforts, I managed to pack weather appropriate clothes). I miss the boyfiance and the kitteh, but not enough yet to come back early. I think there may be more ferry rides in my future!