In no way do I intend for this to be a "woe is me!" or "omg! life is hard!" sort of post. I just feel like I should let you know what's going on with me.
- I haven't picked up a camera in weeks. Unless you count my phone. (I'm not really counting it)
- For the past couple of weeks we've been dealing with a cat with urinary tract issues. He was rushed to the vet twice but seems to be okay now. I'm still sometimes waking up at 4:30am to follow him around the house and make sure he's not peeing all over everything.
- My grandpa died. He was 91 and had a few health problems, so it wasn't totally unexpected, but still. I'm sad. He was the only Grandpa I knew.
- I haven't looked at Google reader in over a month. Which, on one hand, makes me feel completely out of the loop, but, on the other hand, has been kind of nice to sort of be disconnected. But now I'm at that point where I feel like it'll be too overwhelming to read everything I've missed in the past few weeks.
- I think there were probably way too many commas in the last bullet point. Which makes me think maybe a semi-colon would have been more appropriate, but they kind of scare me.
- I haven't been cooking very much either. Which may go hand in hand with the photography thing. Though I'd like to get out of the current "taking photos of food or my cats" rut I seem to be in.
- I keep downloading music and I don't have time to listen to it and it's really starting to bug me.
- I recently switched my shampoo, conditioner, and leave in anti-frizz products to gluten-free, organic ones. It's been about a month, and on Friday I developed a rash on my neck, ears and part of my scalp. I thought it might be the shampoo, but now I'm thinking it was probably the anti-frizz leave-in stuff. It always puzzles me when I get an allergic reaction to "natural" products (I can't use Seventh Generation laundry detergent). Though I guess seasonal allergy suffers are allergic to nature, so I probably shouldn't be totally shocked.
- As I'm applying for jobs and such, it makes me that much more aware that this is a public space on the internet and I get much more self-conscious about what I'm posting here. Which is part of the reason it's been so silent around here.
Today, though, I cooked. I made food for my lunches next week and while it was tiring, it was nice to be in the kitchen. I plan on posting more about the recipes I made, but I didn't manage to take any photos of anything! So, hopefully soon I'll have some recipe reviews for you (there may or may not be photos). I'm also listening to some new music as I write this, so I feel like I'm slowly coming out of this bit of a funk that I seem to be in. Next, I've got to pick up that camera...