Things are a little...wonky here right now. A few days ago I upgraded movable type, and I did the template upgrade thing, and well, stuff got messed up. So things may be a little disjointed on some pages, but I'm working on it. Slowly.
In the meantime, I give you 49 things (thanks Marielle!) I like reading other people answers to this kind of stuff, so I figure I might as well fill one out every once in a while...
1. First name? Whitney
2. Who were you named after? I think my Mum saw the name in the credits of a show she was watching. If my Dad hadn't disliked it so much, I would have been Ashley.
3. Do you wish on stars? Sometimes, yes.
4. When did you last cry? Probably when I saw March of the Penguins.
5. Do you like your handwriting? Most of the time, yes. But I have off days.
6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Do people actually have a favorite lunch meat?
7. What is your birth date? The 20th of May
8. Are you an only child? Heck no. 1 brother, 1 half-brother, 2 step-brothers.
9. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with YOU? I'd like to think so.
10. Do you have a journal? Just this thing I'm typing in now. I kept a pretty extensive one for a couple years in high school. The most interesting part was seeing how my handwriting changed over the years.
11. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Haha. NEVER.
12. What are your nicknames? In current rotation: Whit, Winnie, Grasshopper, W (dubya), Whitney Bee, Whittle Skittle, Chicken Toe, Deer Slayer
13. Would you bungee jump? I'm inclined to say no, but there was a time I said I'd never sing karaoke...
14. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Most of the time, yes.
15. Do you think that you are strong? I've helped carry many a couch down many stairs.
16. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Like I could ever narrow it down to one. Mocha Almond Fudge, Coffee, Peanut Butter Chocolate, Mint Chocolate Cookie, Pralines and Cream...
17. What is your shoe size? I recently discovered that it was larger than I though, which led to many selling of shoes on eBay, and the subsequent repurchasing of shoes.
18. Red or pink? Blue or green.
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? That I don't speak up when I should.
20. Who do you miss most? In general? My yellow lab. There will never be another dog like him.
21. What color pants and shoes are you wearing right now? Tan pants, and aqua flip flops. My post evening walk attire.
23. What are you listening to right now? The sound of the tv from the other room and crickets outside.
24. Last thing you ate? A soy taco. Much tastier than it sounds, I assure you.
25. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? A reddish orange color, I think.
26. What is the weather like right now? It was a dark and stormy night... No, actually it's slightly chilly, but still nice.
27. Last person you talked to on the phone? The boyfriend.
28. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Usually eyes.
29. Favorite Drink? Strongbow Cider
31. Favorite Sport? I've always been a baseball fan.
33. Eye Color? Blue, green, or grey. Highly dependent on the shirt I'm wearing.
34. Do you wear contacts? No. My eyesight isn't bad enough for me to warrant sticking things on my eyeball. I think I will always wear glasses.
35. Favorite Food? I'm really into Greek food right now. But I'm also fond of Japanese.
36. Last Movie You Watched? I think it must have been The 40-Year Old Virgin
37. Favorite Movie? I hate this picking one thing. Probably Amelie.
38. Favorite day of the year? Saturday.
39. Scary Movies or Happy Endings? I have to go with the Happy Ending here. I don't do scary.
40. Summer or winter? Definitely Winter.
41. Hugs or Kisses? Kisses are nice, but a good hug can heal.
42. What Is Your Favorite Dessert? Ice Cream. I always have room for ice cream.
43. What books are you reading? The Best Food Writing 2004
46. What is on Your Mouse Pad? The House Industries logo.
47. Favorite Sounds? the ocean, laughter, jangly guitars
48. Rolling Stones or the Beatles? If I have to pick one, I'd go with Beatles.
49. Favorite band? Of all time? Probably the Smiths. Right now? I can't stop listening to the Decemberists.