I've reached this point where I feel like I want to tell you everything, but I at the same time I want to hide everything away and keep it to myself. It's not like I have some delicious secrets locked away. There's definitely stuff I'd like to write here, but I'm afraid I won't do it right. Or that I'll offend someone. But just because I want to write about it doesn't mean I should. This tug of war in my brain is keeping me from writing anything at all.
Things I want to tell you about:
- Those 6 months or so where all I did was talk about when I was going to be co-djing on my friend's radio show? I was not just spinning cds, I was also riding a pretty wicked emotional roller coaster (which I've vaguely referred to a couple of times), and as much as I'd like to write about it, I probably won't.
- my weight and general body image stuff (I've tried to write about this a couple of times and ended up scrapping the whole thing)
- my job (we all know this is verboten blog material)
- the wonderful friends and family I've met due to the wonderful boyfriend (every time I try and write about this, I get WAY too sentimental and sappy)
- my creaky knees (not all that interesting and really, I just need to go see a doctor)
What I started writing about today and then pummeled the delete key: altering the sleeves of shirts.
I tried to turn it into a story involving how I learned to sew and such, but it just wasn't working for me. The long and short of it is (ha!) that I hemmed the sleeves of some shirts that rarely saw the light of day and now I wear them all the time. I figured, I frequently hem pants, so why not hem sleeves? Due to my haphazard sewing skillz, the lengths weren't always even, but definitely fixable with some creative hems. Woo!
Why I felt the need to try and turn that into a long drawn out story is beyond me.
I'm looking forward to BlogHer this year for many reasons, but one of them is the hope that it might help me out of this rut I seem to have found myself in.